Hello,

My option key works technically, as if I press ctrl-option-space it works just
fine.

However, if I try to navigate by word with option left or right arrow, it
doesn't work. The cursor just doesn't move and voiceover doesn't say anything.
I can use command arrow to navigate, or just the arrow keys themselves, but not
using option.

i also can't use it to enter special characters, like accents and such.

But it does work when I use it for keyboard commander to open certain
applications. So it seems very selective about when it works or not. I don't
understand why this is happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brandon