I did troubleshooting with somebody using vuescan a few weeks ago. The problem
was that media was not in "text". I suspect you do have a setting wrong
somewhere if you are not getting good results  when you scan with vuescan but
you are with Abbyy; there are several incorrect settings that could cause a
problem and sometimes it is hard to track the problem down. It is also possible
that there is something unique about your scanner that keeps it from working
with vuescan but I kind of doubt it since it works with Abbyy. Whether people
use vuescan or Abbyy for scanning does not make any difference to me; it's
great that Abbyy now allows multi-page scanning if that is the case. I simply
would like to avoid having a thread that indicates to people searching the
archives that vuescan does poor scans. I have done all my mail and many long,
complete books with vuescan and then did the ocr with Abbyy and the results
were usually excellent. It was not practical to do that with Abbyy Express
because multipage scanning wasn't possible. I do not personally find vuescan's
ocr useful but the scanning has worked well for me. This is not at all to
contradict anybody else's experience but simply to encourage anybody who wants
to use vuescan for whatever reason that it can work very well.

--
Cheryl

Go beyond the Christmas story this year;
meet Immanuel (God with us),
Jesus, the crucified Savior,
Christ, the risen Lord.