its in the advanced tab of dropbox  preferences, under "change setting". it
presents a list of folders in the dropbox folder with checkboxes to the left of
each folder. those that are unchecked will not be synced onto that device.
unfortunately, it is not VO accessible and requires sighted assistance. I have
some residual vision, so I used the magnifier feature to magnify the list way
up, then used my mouse to click the folders I wanted synced on my MacBookAir,
and unchecked the rest.
 .