To add a bit more, VMWare is an app like any other. When it is running a virtual machine it uses up CPU and RAM but once you quit it it takes up only disk space. The disk space, as previously mentioned, is allocated as you use it. So I usually give 60GB to my virtual machine knowing that I'll only use a few of those GB for the initial Windows install plus whatever else I put in. How many actual GB Windows takes depends on what version. Win7 with the basics like Jaws and Firefox can easily eat up 10GB. For most folks disk space is a lot more available than RAM or CPU. I don't know as much about RAM but CPU is like most apps. If you just have VMWare with Windows sitting there doing nothing you'll use very little of your Mac's CPU. I usually try to allocate at least two CPU on Windows newer than XP. I generally give 512MB RAM to XP, 1024MB to anything newer and 2048MB to any 64-bit Windows. Of course you can't do that if it will starve your Mac side. If your machine only has two CPUs and 2GB RAM, don't allocate it all to Windows or things will bottleneck quickly.

CB