Hi

Boot test - Internal VMWare Fusion Windows 7 64bit running on a internal fusion
drive on iMac vs External VMWare Fusion Windows 7 64bit running on LaCie
external Rugged 120GB SSD. Why do i do a boot test between internal and
external drive? To find out if external sad is faster than iMacs fusion drive
running virtual machine. I was disappointed to find out that Windows running in
boot camp on iMac, did not use iMac internal fusion drive, only the spinning
drive. So i would like to see if it was the same with virtual machine or hoping
that external was 10 seconds faster than the iMacs internal fusion drive.  The
match ended in a draw. Dammit. In my case it was a tie. The LaCie rugged was
connected to usb. Should not be any difference with this disk connected to
thunderbolt or usb 3.0. I could not find out if it is possible to run both at
same time, but i could install both with the same serial number. That said, i
hav not confirmed that the went through Microsofts servers and was activated
have to check that tomorrow. VMWare looks like a very goodf peace of software.
I suspended it in the middle of 141 Windows updates and it resumed from where
it was when suspended. I just hit the play button. Funny program.

I am just testing a quite a lot before i find the best setup for this system.
Then i will take backup and relaxe with it and stay in Mountain Lion for many
years. Just using the iMac for music, mail, internet, internet - tv and a few
movies. Two or three simple programs that only run in Windows virtual machine.

Take care