Renaming a file isIn a file list in Finder just press enter on the file, erase
the old name and type in a new one, but that would not change the format, only
the name.
If you want to change the format of a file, how you would accomplish this
depends on the type of file you are dealing with.

You can have an off day, but you can't have a day off! ---The Art of Fielding
 Sent from my Mac Book Pro
richr...@gmail.com