You definitely need to use screen-4.0.1 and that still can be compiled and
still does work and still is available but you have to get the source and
compile it. You need this because you have to use the brltty patches with it.

--
Cheryl

I tried and tried to turn over a new leaf.
I got crumpled wads of tear-stained paper
thrown in the trash!
Then God gave me a new heart and life:
His joy for my despairing tears!
And now, every day: