Does anyone have a go to guide on what should be running and what you might be
able to quit in the activity monitor to get your mac running better? I noticed
my mail was only running at 211MB so that sounds normal, but honestly I have no
clue what any of this info means to me in activity monitor. I have 4 GB of RAM
and did notice activity monitor claims my machine is running at 3.85 GB of RAM,
so that can’t be good, but I only have a few things open, so not sure what is
taking up all my RAM. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. The guy
I spoke to at Apple claimed for what I am doing with VO primarily using pages
numbers, mail, and safari, that even on Mavericks 4 GB of RAM with the
processor on my 2010 mid iMac is more than enough of RAM, and that I shouldn’t
be having the sluggishness I have been dealing with. Thanks,