Thank you both.

I didn’t know about the system settings under utilities.  That wireless
information is interesting.

VO-f2f2 did tell me about the additional pop-over, but it wouldn’t let me
interact with it.  Each time I entered or VO-spaced on it, the window
disappeared from view.

Another question:
I have a main network, then a guest network.  Is it possible or advisable to
have one network dedicated to wireless N, and the other dedicated to wireless
G.  Most of our devices are wireless N, but there are one or two hanging around
that still use G only.

Thanks,
Traci