Hi,

OK, try this please:

1.  Go into Pages.
2.  Type some stuff, whatever you want, it’s not important.
3.  Press cmd-s to save the document.  Because it’s never been saved before,
cmd-s will work just like a Save As.
4.  The Save As dialog should appear.  Press cmd-shift-d which tells the OS to
place save focus on the Desktop.
5.  Enter a name for the document like “Test” and press return.

This should save the Pages document onto the Desktop with the name Test.  If
you then change app focus to the Finder and navigate around a bit, VO should
announce one of the items as “Test” or “Test.pages” depending on your settings.
 If you then copy and paste this document onto some sort of media, then put
that same media in another computer that has Pages, will it open or does it
still claim that the document is a zip file?

Later…

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada