one thing I canīt understand is why,when I reply the a
message from the list, the message returns to the
original sender and not for the list. is the problem
in my email or is a feature of the mailing list?

--- Nils Faerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
escreveu:

> Karoliina T. Salminen wrote:
> > Hi,
> Hi!
>
> > I think we have been thinking about adding wiki
> and that it would be a
> > good idea.
> > However, I have another improvement idea in mind:
> >
> > How about discussion forums? I think they are
> easier to manage
> > than mailing lists, but that is just my opinion as
> I am a forum heavy
> > user and not
> > all are like that. Could you by the way tell your
> opinion about forums,
> > do you like or dislike
> > them? Adding e.g. phpbb running on the server
> wouldn't be a huge task I
> > think.
> > We have several forums running on our home server
> already with phpbb and
> > the configuration
> > (including the MySQL database setup) was one
> evening task or so.
>
> I would strongly vote against forums.
> I think forums are not very user friendly. Reason is
> following:
>
> 1. Every forum look differently. Every time you want
> to join a new
> community you have to get to know this special
> forum. We should keep in
> mind that especially developers do not work on one
> project only but on
> many. Having to join several forums can be a pain.
>
> 2. It is inconvenient for the users to track forums.
> If you are part of
> more than one such community you would have to visit
> several different
> web sites after another, having to go through
> several different web
> layouts and several different authentucation schemes
> in oder to be
> allowed posting.
>
> 3. Forums are not very common in the open source
> developer scene.
> Mailinglist are accepted though.
>
> Mailinglist posts arrive just in time in every
> developer's mailbox. The
> users can filter them with their preferred mail
> client. They only have
> to get used to one user interface, their mail
> client, which they already
> know.
>
> Better have more mailinglists and good search tools
> on your website,
> maybe also with an anymous posting facility so that
> inexperienced users
> could also browse and post to the lists via a web
> interface.
>
> > One of the benefits with forums is that they are
> very easily accessible
> > with
> > the 770, I surf some forums with the 770, easy
> interface to check topics
> > that I am just
> > interested to and nothing else without waiting for
> ages the e-mail
> > buffer to be
> > transferred via (my mobile phone's) GPRS to the
> device (I don't have
> > EDGE or UMTS on my
> [...]

Daniel "NeoStrider" Monteiro
visite: http://www.makingthegame.tk no seu computador