--- Aleksandr Koltsoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
escreveu:

> Playing some sound with "Aieeeee" is
> enough to notify the user
> that the system has died ;--) (just joking).

or maybe that sound R2-D2 does when he´s destroyed =-P

now seriously, sometimes Series 60 can be kind of slow
too. also , the first versions of Windows CE where
quite slow too. (indeed ,the hourglass appeared almost
all the time on the cassiopeia a-10...in the middle of
the screen!). I suggest attracting the user with some
text on  the bottom of the screen, like a pop-up
"opening xxx. tap this to cancel",just like my gnome
does when some folder (mostly FAT32) ones takes longer
to show up.

but take in account that this can be frustating
sometimes. I remember how annoying was to update the
thumbnails from pictures on my N-Gage´s MMC.even if
you cancel that order, Symbian still wait for the
current picture to render in thumbnail size. I guess
that this "slow" impression is not a process issue,
but just a usability ajustment.

lets bear in mind that ppl expect almost a desktop
computer from 770 (i´ve got to admit...im expecting
something like that too).maybe they  doens´t have the
"ARM IS SLOW" mantra in mind =-P

my 2 "centavos de real" =-P

Daniel "NeoStrider" Monteiro
visite: http://www.makingthegame.tk no seu computador