>On 6/23/05, Jose Manrique Lopez de la Fuente <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> 2005/6/23, Kalle Vahlman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> > I wonder why one would want to bolt a toolkit on top of another one?
>> > Does FLTK have some overly fantastic widgets that Gtk is missing?
>>
>> I think that main advantage of FLTK is the 'L? in its name: Light.
>
>Yes, and as I pointed out, if it's ported to use gtk it won't be just that.
>> Do we really need another GUI environment in such device? That's the
>> question.
>Well, you'd have to rewrite the whole UI if you want to take advantage
>of FLTK, since the UI is all gtk.
>So to use FLTK, install the rootstrap, remove any gtk-related packages
>and start porting/coding :)

FLTK has its own UI and the demo fltk apps that I tried looked pretty
nice in the scatchbox environment. At a minimun it would really just need
a way to integrate the application icon to be usable.
Calling gtk routines from a fltk app would only increase the exe size if
they were statically linked.
Could someone please provide a link to the hildon code (is it available?)
so I can investigate this further.
Thanks
Chris