Karoliina T. Salminen schrieb:

Hi,

The development environment has gcc compiler system which
includes g++ compiler. I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work
on the device unless someone have ripped the c++ runtime libraries
out that I tend to doubt (please correct me if I am wrong, even if
that would be the case, there is the option to statically link them).

Hmhh, IMHO as soon as you need the Hildon UI you must switch to C, because currently no C++ wrappers are available for it. I know it's an item in the roadmap (http://www.maemo.org/platform/docs/roadmap.html), and therefor are no official release dates available, but may be there are any "unofficial" dates when this issues should be done? ;-)
Or at least an information if this has high or low priority?
Many thanks!

Br,

Timo Steuerwakd