On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 03:52:42PM -0400, Roger Sperberg wrote:
> If I can impose on you for one more test --
It's not on me :)  It's on the list :D

> At http://topicalweb.com/making-ebooks/no-opera.htm is a css slideshow that
> in a non-Opera browser will display a capital O with a slash through it
> after the words "July 2005 A test of the Nokia 770". Clicking on the capital
> O will toggle you into (and out of) presentation mode and either clicking on
> the page or pressing an arrow key will advance you to the next "slide" (of
> course, the slideshow is a single html page).
>
> With a desktop version of Opera, you won't see the O, nor will you be able
> to see the second slide if you go into presentation mode.
>
> I'm wondering if the Nokia 770 browser will be detected as an Opera browser
> and if not whether the Javascript will enable a pseudo presentation mode.
Yes, it's detected as an Opera browser as the symptoms are exactly how
you describe them:
  -- no O
  -- however there's no presentation mode available, so I cannot check
     if it can move onto the next slide

Just for your information, the user agent string does contain the word
Opera in it, and the javascript code just checks if the word is there...

Kind Regards

--
Misha