On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 04:30 am, Nils Faerber wrote:

> What I still do not understand, please excuse my ignorance, will this
> Qt/e version still need the whole framebuffer or will it run in some
> kind of simulated framebuffer inside X11? And what would be the
> consequences of that, i.e. will it be possibleto run multiple of such
> Qt/e apps simultanously?

Qt/e will still need a framebuffer. whether is is a virtual framebuffer or
not, it does not matter.
At least with qvfb (qvfb is similar to xvfb), one can run many instances. So
every running qt/e application can have its own virtual framebuffer. You must
export QWS_DISPLAY=QVFb:0 or QVFb:1. Or use just one vfb, and run many
applications in that.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Trolltech Qtopia Community Manager