> 2005/8/15, Mayank Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > So, what you are saying is, menus can be used to display the status of
> > executing commands (or last executed command). If anyone wants to
> > switch between the appviews, menus should be used?

Yes. That was the main idea. Although I'm not sure how usable it would be.
Note that I can't imagine opening multiple sessions in 770, although I do
that all the time on regular sized desktops. So it might be enough to use the
TN-functionality. The problem with the TN approach could be (haven't tested)
when you have more than a small amount of sessions. How does TN handle let's
say, 20 "appviews"/applications open at the same time? (again, just guessing
this time since I haven't tried this myself on maemo).

If terminal emu use will be restricted to the VKB and the pointer, one could
do more with usability by integrating some prediction on shell commands and
file names directly in the VKB (some kind of small file/path selector) and
some vkb-local command history mainly so that often used commands can be
selected quickly, even between the sessions). This is probably impossible to
do without taking VKB apart and it would require specialized code, so I'd
think it's a no-no. Probably not worth it iff BT keyboards will work.

Just my 20 mm worth :-).

ak.