Koen Kooi schrieb:
> Nils Faerber wrote:
>>>Since the developer program's devices are being shipped now we have
>>>created an easy download web page for our application ports to the Maemo
>>>platform:
>>>     http://oss.kernelconcepts.de/maemo/app-install.shtml
>>>There you will find step by step download links that will directly
>>>install the applications and depending packages on your new device! The
>>>applications provided are:
>>>     GPE-Todo - A todo list application
>>>     GPE-Contacts - A contacts database
>>>     Plucker - The well known ebook reader
> Yay!

I take that as positive respone ;)

>>>More to come over time (e.g. GPE-Calendar is being worked on...)
> Something like gpe-today would be nice to have. I suspect Philippe will
> update http://handhelds.org/~philippe/maemo/ with new gpe-mini-browser
> bits soon too.

Yes, that would be nice too.

>>>We tested the download and install procedure and it should work pretty
>>>well with the shipped developer devices.
>>>If you have any problem, please feel free to contact us!
>>>Also of course any other feedback is welcome too...
> What do you think about shipping a .tar (or .zip) containing the latest
> bits? That way I don't have to click on 9 different links to get all
> this goodness :)

The intention of the page was to make application installation using the
device's application installer as easy as possible.
To my knowledge the app-install does not eat tar balls and without shell
it is almost impossible for a normal user to unpack tar.

When the AI learn about dependencies this will become easier (hopefully).

But yes, your idea is perfectly right and valid, but I think ATM not
practical for normal users.

> regards,
> Koen
Cheers
  nils faerber

- --
kernel concepts          Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Dreisbachstr. 24         Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57250 Netphen          Mob: +49-176-21024535
- --