Ferenc Szekely wrote:
Hello,

ext Aleksandr Koltsoff wrote:

On Thursday 27 October 2005 15:59, Aleksandr Koltsoff wrote:

I agree with Timo on this one. Just came up with another package that could
be placed in such repo. The documentation html-stuff. Would be nice to be
able to download the docs in proper /usr/share/doc-path when going on a
trip with a laptop (or even with GPRS). Would make updating docs and
flasher easier as well (would be part of regular apt-get update -process).

We can not provide the flasher anywhere else then behind the "License
Acceptance" page. We can create a deb package however and put it there,
but only there.

I don't understand where's the difference between the current way and the common debian way: Displaying the license acceptance after downloading and *before* installing the package as already described from Valtteri.

The idea is good, but we it would mean extra maintenance work whenever
we update the repository. I know it did not happen too often (I mean
updating packages) in the past 5 months, but hope this will change :)

In case somebody creates such a package for 1.1rc5 then we could
check|test and then upload it to the repository.

Ok, currently every developer does this "extra maintenance work" on its own... :-(

Cheers,

Timo