[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I do it always so that I put the flasher to waiting and then
turn on the device. Works always. I don't know about the
Windows-flasher,
I have never tried it. And by the way the first time I heard about the
home key thing.

Perhaps if you are confident that there is a such
issue with the Windows-flasher (that it does not have the wait mode), you may file a bug against it. Or just use Linux and be happy, e.g. I
wouldn't
do software development in anywhere else anyway :).

The 'home key' technique is the one (the only one) the win32 flashing wizard guides you through (and IIRC also described on the 770 homepage); as such not having a waiting mode is almost certainly a feature, not a bug.

Personally I might share your 'use Linux and be happy' sentiment, but considering that the win32 flasher is the tool (only tool?) made available to the normal users by Nokia for software updates, and that undoubtedly most of the 770 users will be coming from the win32 desktop environment, it might not do any harm for Nokia's developers to get some first hand win32 experience with the 770? ;)

Tomas

___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Model Search 2005 - Find the next catwalk superstars - http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hot/model-search/