On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 01:34 +0100, Collin R. Mulliner wrote:
> Quoting Dieter Govaerts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > 1) As is stands now, I would probably have to implement a virtual
> > filesystem on the mobile device which would require me to develop the
> > necessary systemdrivers for it. Is there a driver development kit
> > available or is this included in the SDK?
>
> checkout FUSE (http://fuse.sourceforge.net/), it should work on the 770
> and you
> would just need to compile the fuse modules so no need to mess with the kernel
> itself

If it doesn't, or Dieter actually wants to mess with the kernel,
then OpenEmbedded (http://www.openembedded.org or
http://oe.handhelds.org) is one way of building a working
image for the N770 with a custom kernel.

Disclaimer: I don't know whether it would be easier to build
and install a modified kernel using Maemo tools. I also have
not tried to build my own image for the N770 (only for an
iPAQ 3970), but it was said to work.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly