Hi,

> looks like it was a crash after all, it's dumping core in chan_sip.c
> (the SIP engine). I found the place where it's doing that, I'm working
> on fixing that bug, should have a working version in a few days. Does
> anyone know a way to display the stack backtrace from a Nokia770
> -generated core file? I don't have gdb on the device and if I move
> the file to the PC, it tells me there is no backtrace to display.
> Do I have to do this within Scratchbox (didn't try that yet)?

To get a backtrace from a core file, you need exactly the same binary
and libraries with which the core file was generated.  To get function
names to core files, the bin/libs need to have been compiled with -g
option and not to be stripped (the bin/libs on the target may be
stripped, but not the ones with which you check the core).

I'm not sure whether the product libs match 100% the ones in the ARM
SDK though, or are they just API/ABI compatible.

Another (maybe easier solution) is to copy ARM version of the
'gdbserver' from the SDK (in /scratchbox/device_tools/ dir) to
the target, attach that to the debugged program and connect to
that from Gdb running in the SDK (you cannot run full GDB in
the device, there's not enough memory for that unless the debugged
program is really simple). There are instruction on how to do this
on the scratchbox.org site.

        - Eero