On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 15:24 +0100, Timo Steuerwald wrote:
> Razvan Dragomirescu wrote:
>
> >BTW, did anyone notice the following lines in the "dmesg" output on
> >the 770 in the 51-13 firmware?

No I didn't - thx.

> >[    4.037261] Bluetooth: L2CAP ver 2.7
> >[    4.041015] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
> >[    4.046356] Bluetooth: SCO (Voice Link) ver 0.4
> >[    4.051147] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
> >[    4.056365] Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.5
> >[    4.060272] Bluetooth: RFCOMM socket layer initialized
> >[    4.065704] Bluetooth: RFCOMM TTY layer initialized
> >[    4.070861] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.2
> >[    4.076477] Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.1
> >
> >It mentions SCO. I'm not sure if that means anything or if this was
> >present in the older versions of the firmware, I just thought it was
> >interesting.

I think that's only what is already included in bluez. What is missing
is the driver that is realising this functionality on the bluetooth
chip. SCO is part of the top interface of bluez, the driver is in bluezs
bottom. Is that correct Brad?

> >Anyway, I sort of get the feeling that Nokia is keeping so quiet about
> >this mostly because this is something they want to release in the 2006
> >firmware and they most probably don't want anyone "stealing their
> >thunder" and releasing a fully-working VoIP package for the 770 before
> >that. With Asterisk and chan_bluetooth ported to the device, the 770
> >could become the ultimate VoIP phone.
>
> full ACK!

I hope you are wrong and Nokia has a real interest in making the maemo
platform more open (or isn't driver development part of that open
platform?)

> >Any clues yet from Nokia? :).
>
> I suppose: no!  :-(

Stop this anticipatory obedience. It's counterproductive ;-).

Greets, Jonek.