ext David Woodhouse wrote:

>On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 19:01 -0500, Roland Krikava wrote:
>

>>Can anyone suggest a way to open a URL using the native browser on the
>>770? I noticed that someone posted earlier about attempting to use
>>dbus to accomplish this..
>>

>I just hacked up a shell script to make this work for viewing images and
>URLs from pine (http://david.woodhou.se/maemo-pine.html) ...
>
>#!/bin/sh
>
>if ! dbus-send --system --type=method_call  --dest="com.nokia.osso_browser"
>--print-reply /com/nokia/osso_browser/request com.nokia.osso_browser.load_url
>string:"$1" ; then
>    DISPLAY=:0 run-standalone.sh /usr/bin/browser &>/dev/null &
>    sleep 5
>    dbus-send --system --type=method_call  --dest="com.nokia.osso_browser"
> --print-reply /com/nokia/osso_browser/request com.nokia.osso_browser.load_url
> string:"$1"
>fi
># give it a while to access local files before they're deleted
>if echo "$1" | grep ^/ ; then
>        sleep 10
>fi
>

>(Btw, please could we have the Subject line mangling on this mailing
>list removed or at _least_ reduced to a sane number of characters.
>Removing it completely would be best -- there are much better ways to
>filter mail, and people who really want it there can always _add_ it for
>themselves; adding it locally is much easier than trying to remove it
>again once it's been added).

There is a file (part of maemo):

https://stage.maemo.org/viewcvs.cgi/maemo/projects/browser/browser/trunk
/osso-browser-interface/osso-browser-interface.h?rev=1344&view=markup

And there is a d-bus interface described in this file.

You need one of these functions:

/* URL loading service */

/**
 * Open new browser window. \n
 * \b url: The URL to load in new browser window\n
 * \b Example: Open new window with home page
 * \code
 * ret = osso_rpc_run_with_defaults(app_ctx, "osso_browser",
 *                         OSSO_BROWSER_OPEN_NEW_WINDOW_REQ, NULL,
 *                         DBUS_TYPE_STRING, "new_window",
DBUS_TYPE_INVALID);
 * \endcode
 * \b Example: Open new window with url
 * \code
 * ret = osso_rpc_run_with_defaults(app_ctx, "osso_browser",
 *                         OSSO_BROWSER_OPEN_NEW_WINDOW_REQ, NULL,
 *                         DBUS_TYPE_STRING, url, DBUS_TYPE_INVALID);
 * \endcode
 *
 */
#define OSSO_BROWSER_OPEN_NEW_WINDOW_REQ    "open_new_window"

/**
 * Load URL in current browser window.\n
 * \b url: The URL to load\n
 * \b Example: Load Home page in currently open browser window
 * \code
 * ret = osso_rpc_run_with_defaults(app_ctx, "osso_browser",
 *                         OSSO_BROWSER_LOAD_URL_REQ, NULL,
 *                         DBUS_TYPE_STRING, "new_window",
DBUS_TYPE_INVALID);
 * \endcode
 * \b Example: Load URL in the currently open browser window.
 * \code
 * ret = osso_rpc_run_with_defaults(app_ctx, "osso_browser",
 *                         OSSO_BROWSER_LOAD_URL_REQ, NULL,
 *                         DBUS_TYPE_STRING, url, DBUS_TYPE_INVALID);
 * \endcode
 *
 */
#define OSSO_BROWSER_LOAD_URL_REQ    "load_url"