On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 18:07 +0100, Israel Herraiz wrote:

> Also, I can mount /media/mmc1 in the device and look inside with a
> terminal. In fact, I copied everything from the card to my computer
> and
> all the files are right.
>
> So MMC card seems to be right.
>
> If I try to format it with the File Manager, it tells me that "No card
> is inserted". As I can mount the card, it does not seem to be a
> hardware problem (it worked fine before the upgrade).

I had very similar symptoms -- the mmc wouldn't mount when inserted, but
sometimes would from terminal -- In the end it did turn out to be a
hardware problem (sort of). Before sending the device to Nokia, try
swiping the MMC contacts vigorously with a clean cloth.

Someone at #maemo also suggested using contact spray, but the swiping
did it for me.

HTH,

--
Jussi Kukkonen