On Monday 16 January 2006 19:04, Devesh Kothari wrote:
> ext Lorn Potter wrote:
> >I tried the instructions and scripts for modifying the root filesystem,
> >http://maemo.org/platform/docs/howtos/howto_use_flasher_rootfs.html
> >
> >It seems the rootfs.packages and sources.list are out of date, or there
> > are a few packages missing (hildon-status-bar-display).
> >
> >The make_rootimage.sh script seems a bit unfinished, as it's help lists
> >--outprefix and --jffs2 which do not work.
> >(looking at the script, it seems there are a few missplaced 'x'
> > characters, and variable not all caps)
> >
> >I manually tar.gz the resulting root filesystem (the web page doesn't
> > mention the need to do this part), and ran the tar2jffs2.sh, script,
> > flashed the device, but the device keeps rebooting..
>
> make sure you dont miss this step below
>
> The reference root filesystem includes some binary modules that can be
> downloaded separately. These packages are not necessary, you may create
> a root filesystem without them, but some functionality will be missing.
> To download these packages, please follow this link
> <http://maemo.org/downloads/d2.php>.
>
> http://maemo.org/downloads/d2.php
>
> If you have successfuly downloaded those packages, then create a
> workarounds/ directory under your rootfs working directory and copy the
> binary packages there.
>

> Devesh

Must be something missing in the scripts. I mounted and extracted the dev
platform v1.1 rootfilesystem and used the mkfs.jffs2 and sumtool lines out of
tar2jffs2.sh script to make an image... which didn't boot and acted like the
other rootimages I tried to make (reboot over and over). The resulting file
wasn't even the same size as the 'official'.

Must be some magic not in the scripts or documents.