Hi all,

I'd like to know how to use the Nokia 770 in vertical mode.

I found this:

http://syslog.movial.fi/archives/2005/11.html

From what I understand it uses the X11 XRANDR extension but you have to recompile the kernel/Xserver ? If yes does anyone know what are the steps to compile the kernel/Xserver (what options) so that the 770 in vertical mode ?

Another thing I would like to do is having the Xserver on the 770 listening on port 6000 (the default x11 port) and use an xhosts file to permit a linux PC to display the output of a X11 app on the nokia. Is that possible or is the Xserver on the 770 not able to
support remote connections ?
A guy on #maemo told me that he was able to run the X11 app by using ssh X11 forwarding. (I assume from the nokia he ssh-ed into a linux PC and then started the X11 app which displays the output on the nokia).

For speed reasons I'd like to use a plain X11 connection.

My goal would be to customize maemo so that the device starts, fires up the wireless connection, starts and starts the X11 server
(allowing remote connections) so that a custom app can be run.

PS: If someone that is familiar with the maemo enviroment and would like to do some paid work on the maemo enviroment to customize it
please contact me  offlist at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(customizations can be be released as open source (as OSS licenses require) since it's not a big secret, its just tedious work :) )

cheers,
Benno