Kuisma Salonen wrote:
ext [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I just wanted to install  usb camera for N770,the model I used is the
Logetich quickcam pro4000,the driver is pwc.However
when I installed the module pwc.ko ,it says invalid format.Is there
anyone have isntalled a usb camera for N770?

John

Sound like same issue which is with kernel modules in general. Is the module should be compiled against the same kernel which will load the module. So the question is: is the module compiled against the same kernel which is in your 770 (the default 770 kernel unless you have replaced it with your own)?

You can find the kernel sources from maemo website with little digging which you can use for compiling the module.

Another possible cause could be that the kernel module is not compiled for ARM, which could happen as user mistake or if the kernel module described above is delivered as a binary (just trying to take in account every possible reason)... 100% sure the module is for ARM?

And the third question is 'is the module compiled with same gcc version as the kernel in the device?'. I was bitten by this. I compiled source provided by nokia with default gcc 3.3 Everything went fine but I had same mesage when insmod-ing on the device. I had to recompile it with 3.4 and that worked fine. It is described in the wiki.
http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HowTo_KernelCompilation

Frantisek