Ilkka Poutanen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 03:56:05PM +0000, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
>> Ilkka Poutanen wrote:

>> Can you start your application from the desktop menus? From what you are
>> saying I have done exactly the same, but without success (there are
>> other ways to start the app that work, like from xterm or in SB using
>> run-standalone.sh, or by removing the X-Ossso-Service line from the
>> desktop file).
>
> Yes, the application starts from the menu too. This is what the files
> contain:
>
> APPNAME.desktop:
>
> [Desktop Entry]
> Encoding=UTF-8
> Version=1.0
> Type=Application
> Name=APPNAME
> Exec=/var/lib/install/usr/bin/APPNAME
> Icon=qgn_grid_gene_default_app
> X-Window-Icon=maemopad-window
> X-Window-Icon-Dimmed=maemopad-window-dimmed
> X-Osso-Service=fi.tut.cs.APPNAME
> X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
>
> fi.tut.cs.APPNAME.service:
>
> [D-BUS Service]
> Name=fi.tut.cs.APPNAME
> Exec=/var/lib/install/usr/bin/APPNAME
>
> APPNAME is naturally always the same... yes, even the "Name" field of
> the desktop file matches the binary name. Hope this helps!

Thanks for everyone for help... but still I can not get the launched
program survive longer than say 30 seconds. I've tried almost everything;
rebooting the device every now and then (I did not test with X-Window-Icon
and X-Window-Icon-Dimmed if that makes any difference).

I quess I wont try with osso_initialize() for a while but state that
on a web page and just fix that fork() thing to proper one...
(removing X-Osso-service might work too, but this fork() trick gives
me tolerably working solution for sure)

... after there is authorative, solid and robust information of how these
D-BUS and osso_initialize() (and so on) things are to be used I'll
reconsider, just now it just takes too much time to be wasted.

Tomi