Hello,

On 2/6/06, Matti Reijonen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I followed the http://www.linuxrising.org/gstreamer-maemo-howto.html howto on
> installing gstreamer on 770, I had trouble building the base plugins:

    That howto might be 'a bit' outdated since i remember it was
writen before 0.10 was released.  Which version have you been trying?
I strongly recommend you to use release tarballs of 0.10.

> gsttcpserversink.c: In function `gst_tcp_server_sink_removed':
> gsttcpserversink.c:173: warning: unused variable `this'
> v4lsrc_calls.c: In function `gst_v4lsrc_palette_name':
> v4lsrc_calls.c:500: error: `v4l_palette_name' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> v4lsrc_calls.c:500: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> v4lsrc_calls.c:500: error: for each function it appears in.)
> make[3]: *** [libgstvideo4linux_la-v4lsrc_calls.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> and I finally got it compiling, when I left out the video4linux:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-gst-debug --disable-gst_v4l

   I can understand how can that resolve your v4lsrc problems but how
did this fix the tcpserversink problem? I have compiled 0.10 for 770
without any problems at all.

> ,that is got it compiling for the device, I also compiled it
> for the SDK_PC, but there's one problem, the alsasink or edsink
> are not installed according to gst-inspect..
>
> Does someone know where's the problem?

    Do you have alsa and esd dev files/packages installed in your PC
target? BTW, esd plugin is in the gst-plugins-good.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali