Hi,
I've also tested the aireplay suite. The problem, why the tools are not really running, is that the driver must be patched to be able to send packets in monitor mode. For i386 environments most common driver projects like mad-wifi or prism54.org had integrated that feature to their drivers. I had read into it but had to find out that my C and wifi harware knowledge isn't enough at the moment for implementing this. Also I havn't found your module sources for the cx3110x in the repository.

Is it closed source?? Where to find it?

The prism54 team for example had to reverse enginere the protocol between UMAC(the binary) and LMAC(embedded wifi ARM CPU) by investigating the chip behaviour.  As I expect that nokia has bought some thousand chips at conexant I think you will have the firmware and protocol specification and will be perhaps able to implement it quite easy. It would be a great feature if  you can do this. I will try to find the driver patches from the prism54 project. Perhaps it isn't that magic to implement it.

Greets
Bernhard

On 2/15/06, Samuel Ortiz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, ext Collin R. Mulliner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have dsniff and friends working ok, I don't know why airodump doesn't
> work since it should also only require pcap.
>
> Also my device seems to suck up battery quite fast during monitor mode
In monitor mode, the WLAN chipset is running at full power, of course. So,
yes, your battery will last about 3 hours if you keep on sniffing 802.11
packets.

> Why doesn't iwconfig "work" noramlly while the device is in monitor
> mode?
Because my code sucks.

Cheers,
Samuel.