On 2/23/06, Kimmo Hämäläinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 15:01, ext Armin M. Warda wrote:

> > Yes, I really would like to try this, but I do not know how this has
> > to be done. Can anybody lend me a hand? (Of cause I would make
> > this feature optional, with an enable/disable checkbox in the
> > settings.)
>
> The easiest way is probably to use the GConf key
> /system/osso/af/mmc-cover-open that is updated then the MMC cover is
> opened and closed. GConf allows you to be notified when the value of the
> key changes.

Shirley there's an issue where the "swapoff" operation takes longer
than the physical "open cover // remove MMC" operation?

With an explicit toolbar click, at least you can put up an immediate
prompt saying "don't remove the MMC!" and replace it with "Finished!"
when the swapoff has completed ...

Cheers,
Jonathan

--
Don't anthropomorphize computers. They don't like it.