Subject:        Re: [maemo-developers] J2ME on Nokia 770
Date:   Tue, 7 Mar 2006 13:46:16 +0100
From:   Clemens Eisserer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Philippe Laporte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Classpath@gnu.org References: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Classpath's AWT of course runs on top of GTK+.

Not on the 770, it has several problems but I am not experienced
enough to solve them:

- Expose events seem not to be sent by X or at least are not received
by java. I did some debgugging and as far as I can tell no expose
events are sent by X.

- When creating offscreen images they are created using 24 bit depth
since GTK_RGB thinks this is best (why do we ask GTK_RGB for the
default pixmap depth and do not simply use the depth the screen is
running?). But 770's X server has no colormap assigned to 24-bit mode
so it asserts.

- Swing propably needs to be extended to allow the virtual keyboard to
send key events.

lg Clemens

--
Philippe Laporte