I started to hack up an application with pymaemo (straight on the 770 hw), and the first thing I found is that it differred very significantly compared to the example screenshots in the Maemo SDK tutorial. Specifically, the fonts are tiny, everything is the standard GTK gray background, and the "skin graphics" are missing, thus showing a gray background with borders around them.

I don't really want to have to build up a cross-compile environment if I don't have to, which is why I like the idea of pymaemo. But is this a problem with pymaemo or with the code I've written. Given the fairly direct comparison between the tutorial's C code and the python code I've got, I would have expected to get the same look&feel.

The basic code I've got is attached, with the beginnings of a media-player-like time bar. The application is going to be a simple remote-control for theater rehearsals, with big buttons for each track (originally from CD), and a time slider with play/pause and stop. Nothing more, nothing less. If I can find a way to get the time slider etc from the stock video player, I'd be very happy.

Anyway, any one have any idea's what's going on visually?

TIA,
   Omega
   aka Erik Walthinsen
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
#!/var/lib/install/usr/bin/python2.4

import gtk
import hildon

print hildon.__dict__

class MCamp:

  def __init__(self):
    self.app = hildon.App()
    self.app.set_title("Music Camp")
    self.app.set_two_part_title(True)

    self.appview = hildon.AppView("2005")
    self.appview.set_fullscreen_key_allowed(True)
    self.appview.connect("destroy", self.destroy)
    self.app.set_appview(self.appview)

    vb = gtk.VBox(False,20)
    self.appview.add(vb)

    controlbox = gtk.HBox(False,20)
    vb.pack_start(controlbox, False, False, 0)

    self.clock = gtk.Label("0:00")
    controlbox.pack_start(self.clock, False, False, 0)

    self.clockadj = gtk.Adjustment(0, 0, 180, 5, 15, 5)
    self.clockscale = gtk.HScale(self.clockadj)
    self.clockscale.set_draw_value(False)
    controlbox.pack_start(self.clockscale, True, True, 0)

    self.playpause = gtk.Button("Play")
    controlbox.pack_start(self.playpause, False, False, 0)

    self.stop = gtk.Button("stop")
    controlbox.pack_start(self.stop, False, False, 0)

    self.app.show_all()

  def destroy(self, widget, data=None):
    gtk.main_quit()

  def main(self):