> For me, SWT provides a very nice integration to the host UI.
> As it uses the host UI widgets, the overhead is minimal compare to a
> full java implementation.

I also think, that a Java J2ME Personal Profile implementation (which includes
AWT) and addtional eSWT would be the best solution for the Nokia 770. If
possible the JVM should use the Jazelle extension of the ARM CPU in the Nokia
770. Swing isn't necessary, and in my opinion not really a good idea on the
Nokia 770 because of its limited resources.

J2ME Personal Profile with eSWT also would allow to implement eRCP on the
Nokia 770: http://www.eclipse.org/ercp/

Btw. it seems that Nokia supports eRCP on Series 80.

Regards, Bernd