Claudio Scordino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The voltage and the current provided by the battery is much
> different from the values provided by an electric cable connected to
> a socket (220V and 50Hz here in Italy).  That's why our measurement
> tools wouldn't work with such a small current...

Umm ... any cheap multimeter will do, for both voltages.  And, just as
a reminder, if you can't measure small currents: the smaller one will
be found at the 230V side (given the same power consumption), and
you'll much more likely run into problems about what you're really
measuring there.  Use the battery and measure there.

- Heike