Hi,

> On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 10:55 +0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Murray,
> > Such a page would be welcomed.
> >
> > Few things to consider
> > 1. Maemo 1.1 public release usually lag behind internal
> product development
> > 2. what you see in SVN are realtime in sync (mostly) with
> product development
> > 3. some of the time, these SVN projects like HAF (hildon
> application framework) move on to new components versions or
> new dependencies (due to new feature additions) which are not
> in Maemo X.X public releases

Yup. We've been little by little moving components to open
development in the stage svn but still not everything required
to build Maemo (or even the HAF) from source (at the most
current releases) is available. There's still some way to go.

We've been considering and experimenting with various options for
adapting and opening up our internal development processes to
allow the community to follow the bleeding edge and get involved.
We realize that this is a serious barrier making it too hard for
people to get involved now, the regular stable Maemo releases
are not sufficient. Access to the source code in development is
obviously a key part of that. But that's not enough. People also
need bleeding-edge (unstable) packages in sync with the source on
svn, in a repository they can track with apt, and much more.

So we're not there. Things are moving incrementally at a pace
constrained by the need to work on products as we open up.

Murray, Peter and others. Your interest and energy to kick our
butts is most appreciated and it makes a difference.

On a related issue, I've been for some time tracking the move
to open development of the HAF through a build bot working
(mostly) from publicly available sources, in order to identify
and address the gaps. I'll post some info on that soon.

Br,
Carlos