Hi Karoliina,

Aaron

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Actually you should build the maemo-af-desktop with dpkg-buildpackage:
>
> dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
>
> It has been explained in my blog from last year or so:
> http://www.karoliinasalminen.com/blog/?page_id=16
>
> If you install the built debian package, the menu structure should work.
> Can you explain in more detail what did you do in order for making empty
> menu?

In order to get an empty menu structure, all I did was use ./configure
without any options.  An examination of the source code demonstrates that
it uses the OTHERS_MENU_CONF_DIR define for the default menu location on
disk, and OTHERS_MENU_CONF_DIR gets defined as $(sysconfdir)/others-menu.
When using ./configure without any options, $(sysconfdir) (along with
other directory variables) starts at /usr/local, and the 770 file
structure doesn't use /usr/local for anything.  At run-time, because it
cannot find the others-menu directory, no menu entries are displayed.

Too bad the others-menu location is hardcoded this way.  Seems like it
might be appropriate to use gconf for this.

Aaron