Kimmo Hämäläinen schrieb:
> Hi,
Hi!

> We have a 'temp reaper' daemon for deleting some temporary files that
> have not been used for some time (e.g. temporary E-mail attachments):
>
> https://stage.maemo.org/svn/maemo/projects/haf/trunk/osso-af-utils/src/temp-reaper.c

Interesting...

> It only seems to clear '/var/tmp' currently. I don't know why we have
> missed the wtmp file...

Interestingly an older firmware image (W48-someting) did not write a
wtmp! Just checked on another not yet updated device.
So this must have been intriduced somewhere between W48 and W52.

> A skilled do-it-yourself man could add '/var/log' there, recompile, and
> replace the binary. It should work if wtmp is not touched too often and
> it's not kept open by any program.

I guess this would not work since wtmp is written to with every close of
the 770 case (for whatever reason). so it will be modified too often -
at least in my case since I open the 770 at least once to 10 times a day.

> BR; Kimmo
Cheers
  nils

--
kernel concepts          Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Dreisbachstr. 24         Fax: +49-271-771091-19