On 4/21/06, Eero Tamminen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > This may be because of closed source software (i.e. the Opera web
> > browser) included into the firmware bin image.
>
> And the data files; fonts, graphics, sounds etc.
>
> Even the Linux desktop Vera font doesn't have (L)GPL licence, nor
> do the new SIL fonts because (L)GPL doesn't apply that well to
> non-source code stuff:
>       http://www.gnome.org/fonts/
>       http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=OFL

All fine and dandy, except the agreement makes no provisions for the
differing licenses. The GPL and LGPL gives me explicit legal
permission to copy, distribute and/or modify those libraries and
programs, whether sources or in object code. The agreement is trying
to restrict what I can do with the GPL and LGPL software in this
compressed image, which is a breach of those licenses.