Danny,

been there and this works for me:

Application Desktop file

    * The X-Osso-Service line must not contain a fully qualified name,
you want something like

   X-Osso-Service=myapp

    * Must include at least one of the Exec or StartupWMClass lines,
otherwise there will be no icon in the Task Navigator panel for your
application.

Application Service file

    * Call your service com.nokia.myapp where myapp is whatever you put
into the X-Osso-Service line in the desktop file:
   Name=com.nokia.myapp

Tomas