It should look like this.

I'm missing the "Extras" folder and subitems, but otherwise that's what I have.

Please check if you had the xephyr and SDK properly installed.

As for xephyr I wouldn't know, since I've never used it before. If I
try to use the one included in the 1.1 rootstrap with the script in
the tutorial it segfaults.

Checking the SDK is even harder, seeing as how I have no clue where to look.

Does the SDK/xephyr/whatever require specific libraries or versions
thereof on the host distro that I might mot have?

I'd try to install the SDK on my sid box, but getting it to run on an
amd64 host might be even more fun :)

Thank you for trying to help,

Chris