Hello list,

if I try to flash a self comiled kernel image, which I made with
maemo2.0-BETA in scratchbox, to the device with a fresh
SU-18_2006SE_1.2006.26-8_PR_F5_MR0_ARM.bin on it, it doesn't start
anymore. After a while the Nokia logo fades out and some horizontal
lines of flickering pixels appear on the screan. Another few seconds
later the device restarts and enters a endless restarting loop with the
same effects.

The same is the case with the kernel image that can be found in the
"busybox with IPv6" section in the ApplicationCatalog2006 [1].

Are kernel images that are compiled for and run under the IT2006 beta
known to be incompatible with the final version?

Does anybody here managed to get a self compiled kernel to run under
IT2006 final?

Or do I have to wait for an upgrade of the kernel package in maemo?

I also would like to know if maemo2.0 beta will change into a final
version in the near future. Or are developers safe while using the
current maemo2.0 beta with the IT2006 final?

Thanks,
   Jonek.

[1] http://mummola.cs.tut.fi/n770/files/linux-2.6.16+IPv6
+nfsv3client-zImage