It occurred to me that the fastest way to transfer data to the 770 is over an
ad-hoc 54Mbps link. However, it looks to me like the WLAN driver is going
into 802.11b (11 Mbps) mode when I set up an ad-hoc network. How can I switch
54Mbps mode back on? "iwconfig wlan0 rate 54" gives an invalid argument
error, and there are no private ioctls that seem to do what I want. The
laptop at the other end of the link is using an Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG
card with the latest release of the ipw2200 Linux driver. Any help would be
appreciated.

--
Andrew Barr | http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/~andrew/