On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 11:49 +0300, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 10:12:21AM +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:

> > I cannot change these "to, from nor subject" pointers. These are used
> > in thousands of lines of Evolution code that I don't want to change.
>
> There's no need to align access to chars.  Is there something that accesses
> the saved data as shorts, longs (ints), floats or doubles? Or casts the
> char pointers e.g. into int *?  (use -Wcast-align)

Yes. But I already did something to make sure that access is correct.

It's in the patch. Search for "get_unaligned_u32"

http://pvanhoof.be/files/camel_folder_summary_with_mmap_fixes11_data_alignment03.diff

Yet the patch still isn't working on ARM (and I don't have a debug
infrastructure, unless somebody can explain me how to set it up using
some emulator -- like qemu? --).

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be