ext Igor Stoppa wrote:

> alarm

> ago).
> > >
> > > Since there isn't any calendar application in the 2006 software
> edition,
> > > management didn't really prioritise a sane alarm interface.
> >
> > There is is substantial user demand, though, and there are three
> different
> > community-based or third-party calendaring applications that are all
> > hamstrung by the lack of an alarm facility.  It seems fairly clear
> at this
> > point that:
> >
> > 1) The need for an alarm framework is not a passing fancy.
> > 2) In order to be done sanely, it must be centralized... either as a
> > single community project or as a Nokia supported part of the product.
> > Applications cannot reasonably be expected to handle it without tripping
> > over each other and killing battery life with polling.
> >
> > Mike
>
> I think Devesh is the proper interface for this sort of discussion,
> since he takes care of harmonizing this sort of internal/external
> needs/demands/activities.
>
> And he's your best chance to get any statement ;-)

Ok, the status
- based on mailing list discussion about alarm requirements, it was
pushed as a requirement to be delivered. It is accepted and, as i
understand implemented (framework etal). What was also at design time
agreed that the alarm framework/alarmd could be installed standalone and
compatible to IT OS 2006 (so it is not tied with future product release)
- currently it is in legal check for approval to open. Once that is
done, the project would most probably move to garage
- I am hoping as soon that happens, it possibly appear in sardine

Best Regards
Devesh