On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 10:52:58PM +0300, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
> But ARM is alignment sensitive, so you may have problems because of bad
> alighment, I started making a page on wiki describing this issue (still very
> incomplete): http://maemo.org/maemowiki/PortingFromX86ToARM

Thank you for that.  I've added a couple of bits of information to that
page.

I was trying to port makeztxt when I encountered this issue.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1544995&group_id=9595&atid=109595

> I also tried to search for tools that could identify alignment problems
> automatically, but did not find anything useful. Probably the most easy
> way to make such tool is to modify valgrind to track alignment for each
> memory access operation. But don't know, I ended up finding and fixing
> such problems in my code manually without the help of any tools  :)

That works better if you know the code. ;)

I'll try -Wcast-align on makeztxt.

Marius Gedminas
--
Microsoft has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
                -- Judge Jackson