Hi,

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 22:56:12 +0200, Christian Pernegger wrote:

>> I am just telling some truths that others should know.
>
> I'm with you insofar as
> - setting up the developent environment was a bitch

yeah. Better now, though. Or I got used to it o_O

> - it still doesn't give you the same environment as a real 770
> apparently

> - C++ plus custom framework doesn't exactly lend itself to
> RAD

It's C (plus gobjects) :)

> maybe a scripting language (python, ruby, whatever) or even Java
> would have been a better choice.

Not enough room for garbage collection (think huge arena for sorting).
And a python port does exist for the nokia... although... well... not
enough room for garbage collection, as I said :)

> A lot of people, me included, don't
> have a clue about cross-compiling or embedded development.

scratchbox pretty much takes care of all the details, so _once it works_
it's VERY nice.
The only command I have to remember is
'dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot' now, and I created a
"build_package" script for that, so... :)

cheers,
  Danny