Hi,

On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 14:55 -0400, ext D. Scott Brown wrote:
> connection. We've tried using both LIBOSSO and Linux wireless tools
> without success.

ICd listens on the system bus. I think libosso connects only to the
session bus and/or allows only some messages through from system bus.

> #####libosso using python
>       import osso
>       osso_c=osso.Context("wifi","0.0.1",False)
>       ret=osso_c.rpc_run("com.nokia.icd","/com/nokia/
> icd","com.nokia.icd","get_ipinfo",wait_reply=True,use_system_bus=True)
> #####lend python

Try using the d-bus system bus "natively" from python, not via libosso.

> sbin/ifconfig) it doesn't seem to assign an IP address to the network

DHCP is started by ICd, so if the wlan script is run only wlan level
stuff is configured. After wlan works, start udhcpc or assign IP
adressess manually.

> Connection Manager, but hide it behind our application's window and
> somehow send stylus click events to it.

Hiding the osso-connectivity-ui dialogs is going to be hard as they are
system modal.

Hope this helps.

        Patrik

--