Thank you, Andrey, for the reply.

"Hi, you can easily check the version of OS you're running on your tablet. Using menu go to the 'Control panel', then choose 'Device' section and inside the new opened window change to the tab 'About product'. Here you are!
For instance, on my tablet I have there:"

Yes, I do have
Internet Tablet 2005 software edition Version: 3.2005.51-13

"So if you still have OS 2005 then binaries compiled with maemo 2.0 would definitely not work on the tablet."
I guess there are two choices for me now.  I can either use the old Maemo (probably 1.1) or upgrade my OS.  Can anyone point me to a good pointer to upgrade the OS?
Thanks a million for your help!